Collection framework provides flexibility,
performance, and robustness.
- Polymorphic algorithms – sorting, shuffling, reversing, binary search etc.
- Set algebra- such as finding subsets, intersections, and unions between objects.
- Performance- collections have much better performance compared to the older Vector and Hashtable
classes with the elimination of synchronization overheads.
- Thread-safety- when synchronization is required, wrapper implementations are provided for temporarily
synchronizing existing collection objects.
- Immutability- when immutability is required wrapper implementations are provided for making a collection
- Extensibility- interfaces and abstract classes provide an excellent starting point for adding functionality and
features to create specialized object collections.